The Verge welcomes you! Our goal is to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We know you have enough going on in your life. Your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated! We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out. Here’s our monthly newsletter to keep you up to date on everything going on here at The Verge. From our monthly events to some helpful maintenance tips, we’ve got everything you need right here. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions.
Power Outage: If it is just your bedroom, please use these steps to reset the breaker:
- Locate the gray breaker box.
- All bedroom breakers are at the bottom of the breaker box, and one of the breakers will be sitting in the middle as opposed to all the way to the left or right, and that is the tripped breaker.
- Turn the breaker all the way off to reset it, then turn it back on to regain power
A/C Leaks: If your A/C is leaking, shut it off! Several factors lead to an A/C leak, but in all situations, the A/C continuing to run will produce more water. Contact the office or emergency maintenance immediately.
- Always look into the garbage disposal before you turn the switch on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, the rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times.
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overpack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
Our residents are our number one priority, so we want to do all we can to make sure you are able to find a parking spot. To prevent being towed, please follow these guidelines:
- Park in between two white lines — NOT on a curb, in a fire lane, or anywhere with a yellow line.
- Do not park in a carport you don’t own.
- Do not park in the future residents parking in front of the leasing office.
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Game Night — May 11 @ 6 p.m. — What other way to bring the community together than with a game night! Come out and play a variety of different games, and meet new friends.
DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Mason Jars — May 16 @ 4 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse and make your very own glow-in-the-dark mason jar.
Summer Season Waffle Bar — May 22 from noon–2 p.m. — We’ll be making fresh waffles in the clubhouse with a variety of toppings for you to choose from!
May Birthday Celebration — May 25, All Day — Are you a May baby? Stop by the leasing office and pick up a cupcake in celebration of your special day.
Memorial Day Celebration — May 29 — Celebrate Memorial Day, The Verge way. Come to Phase 1 and enjoy a relaxing day by the pool. Our staff will be barbecuing, and we’ll have a live DJ. You won’t want to miss it!