Hello residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our July newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and move-out, as well as information about our exciting summer-themed events catered just for you. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this summer semester!
If you did not renew your lease with us, move-out is before noon on July 31, 2018. We do not accept keys mailed after July 31, 2018. You must be in the move-out line by 11:30 a.m. Any resident turning in keys after noon on July 31, 2018 will be charged a late move-out fee of $75.
Reminders and Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- Please check your rent balance to verify that pet fees and/or covered parking have been correctly added (if applicable).
- If you were required to pay a deposit and added premiums (pet rent and/or covered parking) after move-in, your deposit requirement has changed to reflect the new rate. The difference needs to be paid with your July installment.
- If you renewed your lease with us, please check your new monthly balance on the online portal, which will be available beginning in August.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal.
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key, part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- It’s hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Build Your Own Ice Cream Sandwich — July 14 @ 5:30 p.m. — I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Satisfy your sweet cravings with a variety of flavors and toppings at the clubhouse!
World Cup Watch Party — July 15 @ 11 a.m. — May the best team win! Come watch who takes the world champ title at the clubhouse. Enjoy drinks and snacks, and cheer on your team!
July Birthday — July 19 @ 10 a.m. — Join us in celebrating our July babies and swing by the office for a birthday cupcake!