Hello residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We know you have enough going on in your life, and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated! We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our June newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and renewals, as well as information about our exciting summer events catered just for you.
Pest control comes every Friday. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday morning.
Reminders and Updates
- Renewals: If you renewed your lease and/or are transferring, rent is due on August 1. Check your 2018–2019 lease for your new rental rate, and be sure to edit recurring payments if necessary.
- If you’re going home for the summer, please make sure the common areas are clean and space is available for any new move-ins.
- Discuss common area charges with your roommate(s) before moving out. A move-out guide will be provided shortly detailing possible charges. Be sure to follow all items to avoid being charged.
- Move-out is July 31 BEFORE NOON.
No visiting pets are allowed per the lease, and a fee will be assessed for any unapproved pets found.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
Grab-and-Go Smoothies — June 5 — Ready to start summer off right? Stop by the leasing office for a fruit smoothie.
Puppy Ice Cream Social — June 6 @ 1 p.m. — We love our pets! Bring your furry friend by for a sweet treat !
Cereal Bar — June 13 — Bring your own bowl to our cereal bar in the clubhouse!
Summer Luau — June 14 at 1 p.m. — Soak in the summer sun at our summer luau. With Hawaiian-themed food and drinks, we can all spend the day relaxing at the pool!
Finals Watch Party — June 17 — Are you a basketball fan? Come to the clubhouse to watch the last game of the NBA Finals with snacks and drinks.
Summer Snacks and Supplies — June 25 from 10 a.m.–noon — Summer Session B has started! Come by the office to pick up some snacks and school supplies while supplies last!