Welcome back to The Verge! We’re so glad to spend the new year with you and are excited to have you here. As the semester begins, remember to begin with the end in mind. Prepare to succeed, and let us know how we can help!
We are kicking off the semester with a welcome-back week filled with food, friends, and fun. Mark your calendars with our upcoming events starting on January 7 with Breakfast on the Go, and get ready for a great month! We look forward to seeing you there.
Remember to set your A/C to an appropriate temperature and turn off lights/appliances when they are not in use to avoid utility overages.
Reminders and Updates
New year, same policies!
- The gates are one way in and one way out.
- There is roam towing on the property. Ensure that your decal is visibly adhered to your vehicle, and that you and your guests are parking in appropriate spots.
- Rent is due on the first of every month.
Resolve to Make 2019 Amazing
Welcome to the start of a new year! Your satisfaction and success in 2019 tops our list of goals. What are yours? Here are a few tips to help you move from survive to THRIVE in 2019:
- Get connected! Here in the community, don’t miss out on the opportunity to meet your neighbors, make new friends, and have fun at our events. If there’s an experience we can create for you, please let one of our team members know. Outside of your living environment, take advantage of the many ways you can get involved on campus and in the surrounding area. Please reach out to our team for suggestions of places to go and things to do. We’ll hook you up!
- Define success. What is your next big goal? Is it graduation? Finding that perfect internship or job? Achieving a certain GPA? Take time as 2019 ramps up to envision where you see yourself in the next 12 months. Write down your picture of success and refer to it often! Ask yourself this key question regularly: Is what I am doing today getting me closer to my goal?
- Use your resources. Don’t try to do this alone! Use the resources you have available to help you achieve greatness in 2019. Our team is here for you, whether you have a question about your residential experience or something completely unrelated. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll find someone who can help. When it comes to your career and financial success, be sure to take advantage of our resident-specific resources, including:
- Career Success Portal (careersuccessportal.com): Build your resume, practice interviewing, get access to millions of job listings, and much more! Utilize this EXCLUSIVE resource for our residents.
- RentTrack (renttrack.com/campusadvantage): Have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus, and get monitoring and credit protection. Residents have seen their credit scores jump an average of 46 points with just a few months of reporting!
Because you’ve chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community, you have a team behind you, dedicated to helping you have the best experience possible. We’re here for you and can’t wait to see you succeed in 2019 and beyond!
P.S. Be sure to connect with us on our social media accounts so you can stay in the loop!
Community Events Calendar
Grab-and-Go Breakfast — January 7 @ 9:30 a.m. — Kick off a great first week back to school with some quick eats in the front office. Breakfast will be served while supplies last.
Jelly Bean Count — January 7–14 — 1, 2, 3, 4, we want to see you more! Stop by the office to guess the amount of jelly beans in the jar. The winner will win a back-to-school prize pack.
Pet Perks Packs — January 8 — You love them, we love them, everyone loves pets! A special pet pack will be delivered to your apartment by a CA.
Grocery Bingo — January 9 @ 6:30 p.m. — No time to go shopping? Groceries are on us! Stop by the clubhouse for a chance to win college essentials when you play bingo with us!
Fruit Kabobs — January 10 — Mix and match your favorite fruits in the office for DIY fruit kabobs.
Back-to-School BBQ — January 11 @ 4 p.m. — Celebrate the start of the weekend by coming out to the pool to enjoy barbecue, music, and more!
Goal Boards — January 15 @ 7 p.m. — New year, new dreams! Design your future on a goal board in the clubhouse.
Fun and S’mores — January 16 @ 6 p.m. — Want to make s’more memories with your friends? Join us at the fire pit by the pool for custom-made s’mores!
DIY Memory Jars — January 21 @ 3 p.m. — Keep all your new year memories in one place! Join us in the clubhouse to make a DIY memory jar.