Hello residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone! We know you have enough going on in your life and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated! We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our April newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and renewals, as well as information about our exciting spring-themed events catered just for you. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this finals season!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Friday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn it on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- Please check your rent balance to verify pet fees and/or covered parking is correctly added (if applicable).
- If you were required to pay a deposit and added premiums (pet rent and/or covered parking) after move in, your deposit requirement have changed to reflect the new rate. The difference needs to be paid with your April installment.
- The only pets allowed on the property are those previously approved by the office. No visiting pets are allowed per the lease, and a fee will be assessed for any unapproved pets found.
- Any after-hours lockouts are $25.
- Our residents are our number one priority, so we want to do all we can to make sure you are able to find a parking spot. Please follow these guidelines to avoid being towed:
- Park in between two white lines, NOT on a curb, in a fire lane, or anywhere with a yellow line.
- Do not park in a carport you do not own.
- We have carport availability! If you’re interested in adding a reserved covered parking space to your lease, email [email protected]:
- We have availability by the following buildings: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, and 21.
- These spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Lock Down That Internship with the Right Tools
In the coming months, universities across the nation will be partnering with businesses to fill internships for the summer and fall semesters. Internships are a great way to fast-track your career and gain valuable experience in the field you’re interested in. Landing the perfect internship may not be the easiest journey, but if you’re equipped with the right tools, achieving that dream opportunity is within reach!
In a 2017 article, Forbes stated, “Resumes are the gateway into the interview, and into the job. The importance of a well-constructed resume cannot be overlooked.” When you’re applying for an internship with that dream company, having a killer resume will push you to the top of the list.
By choosing to live at a Campus Advantage community, you already have access to an arsenal of professional success tools. One that could be really useful is the resume critiquing tool in our Career Success Portal. To access the tool, just log on to CareerSuccessPortal.com!
Eggciting Egg — All Month — Easter has passed, but take a chance and guess how many Easter candies are in the jar! The winner gets the jar of candy and a $25 gift card! Stop by the office any time in April to submit your guess.
Henna Tattoo — April 4 @ 3 p.m. — Can’t commit to a real tattoo or want to try out a new design? Join us at the clubhouse to get a henna tattoo!
S’mores Night — April 11 @ 5 p.m. — Come enjoy everyone’s favorite campfire treat at the pool! Pick from a variety of toppings to add to your s’mores!
Verge Art Day — April 12 @ 2 p.m. — Join us at the clubhouse to show off your artistic skills by creating a painting or any art piece!
Earth Day — April 20 @ 4 p.m. — Celebrate Earth Day by coming out to the pool and clubhouse and join in on egg decorating, tie-dying, planting, and more!
Fruit Kabobs — April 24 @ 1:30 p.m. — Stop by the office to build your own fruit kabob or cup on your way to or from class!
Spring Cleaning — April 24 @ 3 p.m. — Join us at the pool to spring into the season of spring cleaning with a DIY face scrub and mask!
Finals Week Preparation — April 25 @ 10 a.m. — Finals are stressful, but we got your back! Stop by the office to grab all your exam essentials!
Cap Decorating — April 26 @ 1:30 p.m. — You did it! Get ready for graduation by decorating your cap at the clubhouse!
The Verge Yard Sale — April 27 @ 3 p.m. — One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Come sell your unwanted belongings and buy some new things at our yard sale taking place under the carports by building 13.
Paws-Up Pool Party — April 29 @ 11 a.m. — There’s no party like a puppy party! Come to the tennis court with your furry friends and have them swim in our kiddy pool, enjoy a pup cup, and relax!
Finals Grab & Go — April 30 @ 9:30 a.m. — Fuel up for finals! Grab some breakfast on your way to your exams at the office!