Every summer has a story, and we hope you enjoyed yours with us for the 2018–2019 lease term. We want to thank you for being an amazing resident! If you’re leaving us this year, you will be our hardest goodbye, and if you’re renewing with us for another year, we’re happy to see you stay! There’s a lot going on this month for our move-outs and renewals, so please stay tuned for all of the information that’s headed your way. We have many upcoming events, such as our Canned Food Drive and our Fourth of July Cookout. We’ll see you there!
- Maintenance is on site Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- For any after-hours maintenance emergencies, please call (407) 382-4114.
- Set your AC to auto and cool. Make sure the screen reads “hold” to avoid the AC running continuously.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a leak occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
Reminders and Updates
- Move-out is July 31. All keys must be turned in before noon to avoid late fees.
- Remove all personal belongings in your bedrooms, bathrooms, and all common areas, and throw away any remaining trash.
- Keep in contact with your roommates to discuss common area cleanup to avoid cleanliness fees.
- If you are moving out, cancel any recurring payments you may have set up through your portal once your July installment has been taken out.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Canned Food Drive — All Month — Move-out is upon us! Stop by the front office to donate any canned items or nonperishables that will be donated to Knights Pantry. Let’s make a difference together!
Smoothie Bar — July 1 from noon–1:30 p.m. — Smoothies are always a good idea! With a variety of fruits and juices, you’re bound to create the ideal smoothie!
Fourth of July Cookout — July 4 from 3–5 p.m. — Let’s celebrate Independence Day with a cookout by the pool! Join us for food, drinks, music, and fun!
Let’s Talk About Move-Out — July 8 from 5–6 p.m. — With move-out right around the corner, we’ve got the answers to all your questions! Join us for pizza and drinks as we discuss any potential questions you have about move-out, such as cleaning procedures, charges, and more.
Ice Pop Grab and Go — July 9 from 4–6 p.m. — Whether you’re on your way to class or enjoying a beautiful day at the pool, stop by the office and grab a popsicle to cool off in the summer heat.
I Scream for Ice Cream — July 11 from 2:30–3:30 p.m. — You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream! Come get a scoop of your favorite flavor in a cone and add your favorite toppings.
Take What You Need — July 12 from 4–5 p.m. — Own the rest of 2019 and make it YOUR year by making DIY mason jars and creating motivational notes, goals, and ideas to make the most of your year.
July Birthdays — July 15 from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. — We love our Cancer and Leo babies! The Verge wishes you a happy birthday with a variety of cupcakes in the office to celebrate your special day.
Move-Out Cleaning Supplies — July 16 from 2–3 p.m. — T-minus 15 days until the big day! We’ve got you covered with the cleaning essentials to make sure you have a hassle-free move-out!
Shaking up the Summer — July 18 from 2–3 p.m. — Our milkshakes bring all the residents to the office! Stop by the leasing office for a personalized milkshake. How could you resist?
Building Friendships and Bracelets — July 19 from 3–4:30 p.m. — Bring your friends and roomies and make friendship bracelets for your long-lasting friendships!
Hot Dog Grillout — July 27 from 1–2 p.m. — Come out and celebrate the last event of this lease term with a hot dog grillout! We wish you the best and want to say thank you for being such awesome residents!