School’s out and the holidays are here, and we’re glad that you have brought us many months of cheer! We wish you all the luck on finals and finishing off the semester with success. Join us for all of the fun events that will be going on this month. With events such as our Holiday Workshop and Ultimate S’mores bonfire, you won’t want to miss out on these winter festivities.
- Secure your windows and doors.
- Clean out your pantry, fridge, garbage disposal, trash can, balcony, and patio.
- Set your A/C to “auto”, “cool”, and 78 or 79 degrees so your A/C doesn’t continually run.
- If you are leaving your vehicle, make sure that valuables are not visible.
- You can register your valuables with UCF PD free of charge.
- Avoid lockout fees by making sure your keys are on you at all times.
- Packages will be held until you return.
Reminders and Updates
- Renewal season is still in high gear! Please contact the front office to receive an offer.
- The front office will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Always keep your valuables out of plain sight, and make sure your car is locked at all times.
- If you notice any suspicious activity, please contact the police immediately.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Community Events Calendar
Christmas Front Door Decorating Contest — December 1–23 — It’s never too early to decorate for Christmas! Put your creativity to the test, and we’ll let your fellow residents do the judging! The winning apartment will receive a $50 gift card.
Ornament Decorating — December 2 from 6–8 p.m. — Whether you’re making an ornament for your tree or as a gift, it will last a lifetime. Join us in the clubhouse to make your own creation!
DIY Holiday Wreaths — December 3 from 6:30–8 p.m. — Get in the holiday spirit by making your home even more special with a Christmas wreath! Join us in the clubhouse and let your creativity flow.
December Birthdays — December 5 from 3–5 p.m. — The Verge wants to wish you a happy birthday! Keep an eye out for CA Caryna, who will be delivering a special holiday treat to your apartment.
Finals Supplies — December 5 from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. — We know finals get tough, so we have you covered! Stop by the front office on your way to class to pick up your finals essentials.
Pine Cones and Eggnog — December 6 from 6–7 p.m. — What’s better than a regular ornament? Pine cone ornaments! Join us in the clubhouse for a little festive DIY, and enjoy some eggnog while you’re at it. We’ll even have vegan eggnog!
Hot Chocolate Bar — December 11 from 7–9 p.m. — End finals week by joining us in the game room for a hot chocolate bar. Then, stick around for a Christmas movie for a little rest and relaxation!
Vision Board Party — December 12 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for the perfect opportunity for December grads (and future grads) to create your very own goals before the new year begins!
Ultimate S’mores — December 13 from 7–8 p.m. — Meet us at the firepit for an evening by the fire. Bring your friends and roomies to roast marshmallows and eat delicious s’mores.
Holiday Stocking Decorating — December 17 from 3–5 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to decorate a festive holiday stocking. Where else is Santa going to put your stocking stuffers?
Gingerbread House Decorating — December 18 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — What’s a happy holiday without making your very own gingerbread house? Join us in the clubhouse to decorate your gingerbread house, and don’t forget to eat it when you’re finished!
Holiday Workshop — December 19 from 7–8 p.m. — The Verge presents a holiday workshop that you don’t want to miss! Bring your friends and spend the evening wrapping all of your gifts and decorating Christmas cards while enjoying delicious cookies.
DIY Sock Snowman — December 20 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Who says you can’t make a snowman in Florida? Join us in the clubhouse to make a DIY snowman to decorate your apartment with for the holidays.