As the holidays approach, it’s an exciting time here at The Verge. Renewal season is in full swing, and we want you to stay with Team Verge for another year. It’s a win-win! Keep an eye out for all of our awesome events this month, such as a clothing drive, Friendsgiving, and a delicious pie bar. We can’t wait to see you there.
- All visitors must be parked in spots with a white “V”.
- If you do not pay for a covered spot, you may only park in an uncovered, resident parking spot.
- All pets must be registered through the front leasing office before being brought on site.
- No pets can be brought into the amenities, including the resort-style pool.
Reminders and Updates
- Renew your lease with us today! Call or stop by the front office to receive an exclusive renewal offer.
- With the holidays approaching, make sure you lock your apartment and car doors, and do not leave any valuables in sight.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Check out the Career Success Portal. Did you know that your community offers you 24/7 access to millions of jobs and internships along with many tools to improve your resume and interviewing skills? Check out CareerSuccessPortal.com and create an account today!
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Did you know you can build your credit history just by paying your rent? A strong credit history can help you with achieving personal and professional success. We have partnered with RentTrack to offer you the opportunity to have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus! Participants in this program have seen their credit scores go up an average of 51 points! Get more details and enroll today at renttrack.com/campus-advantage.
Community Events Calendar
November Birthday Delivery — November 2 — The Verge wishes you a happy birthday! Keep an eye out for a special delivery from CA Caryna in celebration.
Holiday Clothing Drive — November 3–30 — It’s giving season, and what better way to celebrate the holidays than by donating to local organizations to help others. Drop off your gently used clothing items in the front office and we will deliver it personally.
Apple Cider and DIY Candy Apples — November 5 from 5–6 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for apple cider while making your very own candy apples with a variety of different toppings to choose from.
Fall Photo Shoot — November 7 from 5–6:30 p.m. — Lights, camera, action! Meet us in the clubhouse for a fun photo shoot where you’ll get to take your Polaroid photos home with you.
Operation Joy — November 11 from 3–4 p.m. — Meet us in the clubhouse to write a letter to deployed soldiers for the holidays that we will send out to spread some holiday cheer!
DIY Wineglass Terrariums — November 12 from 6:30–8 p.m. — This is the perfect chance to make an awesome decoration for your room! Join us outside of the clubhouse to create your own terrarium in a glass with many choices to choose from.
Ice Cream Bar — November 14 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — No matter the season, ice cream is ALWAYS the answer! Pop by the clubhouse to get your favorite scoops of ice cream with your choice of toppings.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Tourney — November 15 from 6:30–8:30 p.m. — With the first event being such a hit, we’re bringing back another Super Smash Bros tournament! Bring your setups and join us in the game room for drinks and pizza.
DIY Macramé Décor — November 18 from 4:30–5:30 p.m. — Why buy décor when you can make one right here at The Verge! We’ll supply you with the supplies to make your very own décor for your apartment.
Friendsgiving with The Verge — November 22 from 6:30–8 p.m. — Happy Thanksgiving from The Verge! Join us in the clubhouse for a variety of food to celebrate the holidays. We love being your home away from home.
Pie Bar — November 25 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Join us in the game room for a Thanksgiving-themed celebration! With a variety of delicious pies, crafts, and a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, you don’t want to miss it!