Hello residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We know you have enough going on in your life, and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our January newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and renewals, as well as information about our exciting new-year-themed events catered just for you. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes for 2018!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Friday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn it on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times.
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- Please check your rent balance to verify pet fees and/or covered parking is correctly added (if applicable).
- The renewal deadline is approaching! The last day to guarantee your same bed space for next year is January 31.
- The only pets allowed on the property are those previously approved by the office. No visiting pets are allowed per the lease, and a fee will be assessed for any unapproved pets found.
- Any after-hours lockouts are $25.
- Our residents are our number one priority, so we want to do all we can to make sure you are able to find a parking spot. Please follow these guidelines to avoid being towed:
- Park in between two white lines, NOT on a curb, in a fire lane, or anywhere with a yellow line.
- Do not park in a carport you do not own.
- We have carport availability! If you’re interested in adding a reserved covered parking space to your lease, email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- We have availability by buildings 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, and 21.
- These spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Written by Megan McCollum
You’ve conquered your final exams, spent time with family, and brought in the new year with friends. But now what? How do you ensure that you’ll be at the top of your game with a new course load when you’re so used to relaxing at home?
Here’s a hint: Start now. Buy your books, find your classrooms, spend some time cleaning your room and clearing your desk.
As the fall semester probably taught you, college flies by. There’s no time to slowly ease back into it — take a deep breath, prepare your mind, and dive in. Don’t just take it day by day; create a study schedule, make some friends and form a study group, and talk to your advisor and get to know them.
There are thousands of resources at your fingertips just waiting to be used. For example, places to study. Trying to focus in your bedroom with your roommates around and electronics everywhere is hard, so take advantage of your property’s clubhouses and study rooms, as well as places on campus.
Once you’ve found your perfect study place, it’s time to use the resources available to you. College students today rely on technology for almost everything, from textbooks to full online courses and online study materials. There are even some apps that can be used to help you study, such as iTunes U and Brainscape. If you aren’t using your cell phone to study, turn it off — social media will be there when you’re done, but your professor won’t wait around for you to learn.
If you find yourself procrastinating, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why this assignment is important. Don’t ask why you don’t want to do it; ask yourself what you will benefit from it. Ask yourself what you can learn, and why it’s meaningful.
Reward yourself with something you can truly withhold from yourself if you don’t complete the task. Offering yourself candy or saying you won’t go to that show if you don’t write your paper isn’t meaningful enough to motivate you. Find something you truly want, and when you reward yourself, notice how it feels.
Don’t settle for less. Don’t wait for things to just work out. Start now.
Breakfast on the Go — January 8 — Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Make sure you start your day off right by stopping by the front office for Breakfast on the Go!
New Year, New Stuff — January 9 — A new year means new stuff. Start the spring semester off with all-new school supplies! Come by the front office and pick up some free stuff!
DIY Smoothies — January 10 — Give your 2018 a healthy start and come to the clubhouse to make your own smoothie from a variety of fruit flavors and more!
Waffle Bar — January 11 @ 10 a.m. — Treat yourself to a waffle at our Waffle Bar in the clubhouse!
DIY Spring Wreaths — January 12 @ 4 p.m. — Get your apartment ready for spring at our DIY Spring Wreaths event, taking place at the study lounge!
Renewal Deadline Ice Cream Social — January 31 @ 3 p.m. — We would love to have you stay another year! Make sure you take advantage of the last day to guarantee your spot and renew your lease. Then, come and celebrate with us at our Ice Cream Social in the clubhouse!