Hello residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We know you have enough going on in your life, and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our February newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and renewals, as well as information about our exciting Valentine’s themed events catered just for you. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this spring!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Friday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn it on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- Please check your rent balance to verify pet fees and/or covered parking is correctly added (if applicable).
- If you were required to pay a deposit and added premiums (pet rent and/or covered parking) after move in, your deposit requirement has changed to reflect the new rate. The difference needs to be paid with your February installment.
- The only pets allowed on the property are those previously approved by the office. No visiting pets are allowed per the lease, and a fee will be assessed for any unapproved pets found.
- Any after-hours lockouts are $25.
- Our residents are our number one priority, so we want to do all we can to make sure you are able to find a parking spot. Please follow these guidelines to avoid being towed:
- Park in between two white lines, NOT on a curb, in a fire lane, or anywhere with a yellow line.
- Do not park in a carport you do not own.
- We have carport availability! If you’re interested in adding a reserved covered parking space to your lease, email [email protected]:
- We have availability by buildings 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, and 21.
- These spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Speaking of career success, did you know that as a resident of a Campus Advantage property you have FREE access to our exclusive Career Success Portal? Browse millions of jobs, including over 500,000 unique job postings, build your resume, practice your interviewing skills, and much more. To access the Career Success Portal, visit your resident portal and look for the sign-up link!
Football Championship Watch Party — February 4 @ 5 p.m. — Come watch the championship game with us in the clubhouse! Snacks and beverages will be provided.
DIY String Art — February 8 @ 4 p.m. — It’s the thought, and effort, that count! Come to our DIY String Art event in the clubhouse and create a string art canvas for your valentine this year!
Valentine’s Bingo — February 9 @ 6 p.m. — Treat your valentine without spending a dime! Join us at our Valentine’s themed bingo night for a chance to win a gift card!
Basketball Tournament — February 10 @ 1 p.m. — Compete for the title of Verge Basketball Champions at our Basketball Tournament in Phase 2!
First They’re Sour, Then They’re Sweet! — February 12 @ 3 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and grab a sour or sweet treat!
Valentine’s Candy Bar — February 13 @ 1 p.m. — You are sweeter than a piece of candy! Join us at the clubhouse to make your own sugary goodie bag!
Rose Letters — February 14 @ 9:30 a.m. — Come to the clubhouse and grab a rose for your valentine and write them a note to go along with it.
DIY Coffee Coasters — February 20 @ 2 p.m. — Add some personality to your apartment with a DIY Coffee Coaster! Join us at the clubhouse.
Open Mic Night — February 21 @ 6:30 p.m. — Come show us your talent or watch others do so at the clubhouse!
2018 Goal Board — February 22 @ 6:30 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse and help us create a new year goal board for The Verge by adding your goals!