We hope that you have been having a hassle-free experience thus far. The holidays are just around the corner, and we want to make them amazing for you. The Verge will be having several events to keep you feeling festive. Our November newsletter has lots of information about living here at The Verge and making sure you are making the most out of Florida’s fall. Read more about our events, tips, and suggestions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our leasing office.
As the holidays are approaching, we want to make sure that you are staying safe while traveling home or on vacation. Please ensure that you are locking your apartment doors, bedroom doors, and cars. We recommend not leaving any valuables in your car, especially if you’re planning to be gone for several days.
Reminders and Updates
You can now renew! Contact our leasing office or log in to your resident portal to get more information on pricing and to sign your renewal lease. We hope that you make The Verge your home for another year!
Rent is due on or before the 4th of every month. You can make payments and check your balance on your resident portal.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Check out the Career Success Portal. Did you know that your community offers you 24/7 access to millions of jobs and internships along with many tools to improve your resume and interviewing skills? Check out CareerSuccessPortal.com and create an account today!
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Did you know you can build your credit history just by paying your rent? A strong credit history can help you with achieving personal and professional success. We have partnered with RentTrack to offer you the opportunity to have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus! Participants in this program have seen their credit scores go up an average of 51 points! Get more details and enroll today at renttrack.com/campusadvantage.
Community Events Calendar
Canned Food Drive — All Month — Please drop off any canned food donations in the front office.
DIY Homecoming Shirts — November 1 @ 4 p.m. — Join us at the tennis court to make your own UCF Knights shirt in time to cheer on the Knights to another victory at the homecoming game. Shirts will be provided, just bring your imagination, friends, and school spirit!
Professional Headshots — November 2 @ 1 p.m. — We know the biggest key to winning over an interview is a first impression, so let us help you land that job! Come out to the front office dressed to impress and get your resume-ready professional headshot taken!
Meditation Station — November 6 @ 5:30 p.m. — Join us in the Fitness On Demand room for a guided meditation to promote de-stressing and self-care. There will be a parfait bar after!
Fall Trivia Night — November 7 @ 5:30 p.m. — What better way to bond with your roommates and neighbors than falling into the season with fall trivia! Join us in the game room to put your knowledge to the test by teaming up with friends and new faces for a night of facts, fun, and frenzy.
Operation Gratitude — November 9 @ 2 p.m. — Join us in the front office to write a letter to a veteran that will be sent off for Veterans Day and give back to the men and women who fight for our freedom. Come with your friends and creativity to bring a smile to a soldier this holiday season.
Shaking Up November — November 13 @ 1 p.m. — Dessert is on the house! Come to the clubhouse for a yummy treat, and add your own toppings with our milkshake bar.
DIY Mini Pies — November 14 @ 5 p.m. — You don’t need to be a Betty Crocker to create a pie; we’ll show you how! Join us in the clubhouse to create your own mini pie for the holiday season with the help of one of our CAs.
Resgiving — November 16 @ 6:30 p.m. — We are thankful for our amazing residents that make the Verge Orlando the best community there is, so come out to our Resgiving in the clubhouse! For $5, enjoy a home-style meal this Thanksgiving with your friends.
Goal Boards — November 20 @ 6:30 p.m. — Shoot for the stars with goal boards provided by the Verge Orlando! Come down to the study lounge to customize your own vision board and get organized for the months ahead with your goals always in mind.
Black Friday Raffle — November 23 @ 4 p.m. — Avoid the crazy lines and chaos at our Black Friday Raffle! We’ll be giving away some amazing prizes all from the comfort of your home here in our game room, so don’t miss it!
Pie Eating Contest — November 29 @ 6 p.m. — Got a competitive streak? Put it to the test by entering our Pie Eating Contest at the tennis court. The winner will receive a prize, so you won’t want to miss this.