Hello, residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We know you have enough going on in your life and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our October newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and our rules and regulations, as well as information about our exciting Halloween-themed events catered just for you. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this fall!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest control comes every Friday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn it on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times.
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- If you have a pet and/or covered parking, please check your rent balance to verify the appropriate fees have been correctly added.
- If you were required to pay a deposit and added premiums (pet rent and/or covered parking) after move in, your deposit requirement has changed to reflect the new rate. The difference needs to be paid with your October installment.
- The only pets allowed on the property are those previously approved by the office. No visiting pets are allowed per the lease, and a fee will be assessed for any unapproved pets found.
- Any after-hours lockouts are $25.
- Our residents are our number one priority, so we want to do all we can to ensure you’re able to find a parking spot. Please follow these guidelines to avoid being towed:
- Park in between two white lines, NOT on a curb, in a fire lane, or anywhere with a yellow line.
- Do not park in a carport you do not own.
- We have carport availability! If you’re interested in adding a reserved covered parking space to your lease, email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- We have availability by buildings 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, and 21.
- These spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
We hope you’ve had a good start to the semester! Everyone should be settled in by now and ready to take on the school year. October will be packed with events, so be sure to look at the events section in this newsletter. Renewal rates and new lease rates are ready!
Please stop by the front desk so we can answer any questions you have in regard to renewing your lease — we’re happy to help.
Get involved. Get ahead.
Did you know students who are involved outside of the classroom are more successful in their academic pursuits? If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to find opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community. Your campus’ student activities office is a great place to start to find out about clubs, organizations, and campus events. You can also connect with our team to find ways to get connected. Whether it’s the chess club or intramural football, or volunteering at a local shelter, we would love to help you find ways to get involved both at your Campus Advantage community and on campus.
How are we doing?
Have you filled out your resident satisfaction survey yet? Please take a moment to let us know how we’re doing and get a chance to win a $1,000 or $500 gift card! Simply visit http://ratemy.community. We are always working to improve your experiences!
Apartment Decorating Contest — October 1–27 — October is a great and fun time to decorate your apartment and brew up some excitement! Starting October 1, our apartment decorating contest is in full swing. The apartment with the most Halloween spirit will win a grand surprise! Submissions are due October 27 by 5 p.m.
DIY Pumpkin Planter — October 2 @ 2 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to get in the Halloween spirit by decorating your own pumpkin planter and filling it up with your choice of plants!
Halloween Paint Night — October 10 @ 5 p.m. — Decorate your apartment with your personal art at our Halloween Paint Night in the clubhouse!
Grab-and-Go Breakfast — October 11 @ 10 a.m. — Come out to the leasing office for some breakfast on the go! Choose from a variety of donuts, muffins, and more!
Pumpkin Carving Contest — October 11 @ 6 p.m. — Come out to the pool to participate in our Pumpkin Carving Contest. The team with the most creative pumpkin will receive a sweet treat!
Eat, Drink, and Be Scary — October 13 @ 7 p.m. — Enjoy the spookiest day of the year with a scary movie and festive treats by the pool!
Halloween Cookie Decorations — October 14 @ 3 p.m. — Satisfy your Halloween treat cravings and get creative by decorating your own Halloween cookies at the front office!
FIFA 17 Tournament — October 19 @ 6 p.m. — Grab a partner and show off your skills at our FIFA 17 video game tournament for a chance at being crowned The Verge FIFA Champions! Taking place in the clubhouse.
Grocery Bingo — October 20 @ 6 p.m. — Join us at our hammock park to test your luck at our Grocery Bingo for a chance to win a Publix gift card!
Dirt Cup Desserts — October 23 @ 2 p.m. — Count down the days to Halloween with a sweet treat at our Dirt Cup event in the clubhouse, where you can create your own festive cup!
Boo Bash — October 26 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join us at our annual Boo Bash! Bring your costumes and your friends, and enjoy a ghoulish night filled with music, food, and your favorite Halloween sweets!
Candy Apple Bar — October 27 from 2–4 p.m. — Halloween is around the corner! Join us in the clubhouse for a sweet candy apple treat!