Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone! We know you have enough going on in your life, and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out. Here’s our summer newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know about being a Verge resident, summer and fall move-ins, move-out information, and our exciting summer events catered just for you! Check it out, and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this summer!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Friday. Don’t put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn the switch on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times.
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- If you renewed your lease, rent is due on August 1. Check your 2017–2018 lease for your new rental rate, and be sure to edit recurring payments if necessary.
- If you’re going home for the summer, please make sure the common areas are clean and space is available for your incoming roommates.
- Starting in August, vendors will be entering your units to prepare them for the new move-ins on August 19.
- Discuss common area cleaning with your roommates before moving out. A move-out guide will be provided shortly detailing possible charges. Be sure to follow all items to avoid being charged.
- Your last installment is due July 1. If you paid a deposit, it will be applied to your account.
- Move-out is July 31 BEFORE noon.
- Make sure your guarantor address information is updated for all move-out communication.
- You’ll be responsible for updating your mailing address after move-out. All mail received here after your move out will be returned.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Breakfast Bar — June 2 @ 10:30 a.m. — Come out to the leasing office for some breakfast on the go! Choose from a variety of donuts, cereals, and more!
DIY Mason Drinking Jar — June 5 @ 1 p.m. — Come out and decorate your own mason jar for drinking, and enjoy a nice cold cup of lemonade as well.
Summer Dive-In Movie — June 8 @ 7 p.m. — Every first Thursday of the month this summer, come out to our newly renovated pool and enjoy a dive-in movie! A projector will be set up to play a hit summer movie. Feel free to bring your floaties and friends.
June Birthdays — June 14, All Day — Are you a June baby? Stop by the leasing office and pick up a cupcake in celebration of your special day!
Verge Van Gogh — June 16 @ 2 p.m. — Want to get your creative juices flowing? Come to the clubhouse for our summer painting-palooza!
Summer Ice Cream Social — June 20 @ 1 p.m. — Need something to cool you down during these hot summer days? Come out to the clubhouse and choose from a variety of ice cream flavors to create your own sundaes, milkshakes, ice cream sandwiches, and more!
Summer Snacks & Supplies — June 26 from noon–2 p.m. — Start your summer B classes off right! Come to the leasing office and pick up some on-the-go snacks and school supplies. Available while supplies last!