Hello residents! Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. We know you have enough going on in your life, and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out.
Here’s our December newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know on being a Verge resident, including reminders about rent and renewals, as well as information about our exciting winter-holiday-themed events catered just for you. Check it out and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this winter!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Friday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn it on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- Please check your rent balance to verify pet fees and/or covered parking is correctly added (if applicable).
- The only pets allowed on the property are those previously approved by the office. No visiting pets are allowed per the lease, and a fee will be assessed for any unapproved pets found.
- Our pet rules are below. Any violation of these rules will result in a fine:
- Dogs, cats, and support animals must be housebroken.
- Residents must not let an animal other than support animals into swimming pool areas, offices, the clubhouse, other recreational facilities, or any other units.
- Animals must be fed and watered inside the unit. Do not leave animal food or water outside the unit at any time.
- Animals must be on a leash at all times when outside the unit.
- If the animal defecates anywhere on the property, the resident will be responsible for immediately removing the waste.
- Any after-hours lockouts are $25.
- Our residents are our number one priority, so we want to do all we can to ensure you’re able to find a parking spot. Please follow these guidelines to avoid being towed:
- Park in between two white lines, NOT on a curb, in a fire lane, or anywhere with a yellow line.
- Do not park in a carport you do not own.
- We have carport availability! If you’re interested in adding a reserved covered parking space to your lease, email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- We have availability by buildings 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, and 21.
- These spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Hot Cocoa Bar — December 4 @ 2 p.m. — Warm up during our Florida winter with a hot cup of cocoa topped with marshmallows and more! Bring the mugs you decorated at our November Mug Decorating Contest event and join us at the clubhouse!
December Birthdays — December 5 @ noon — Join us in the office to celebrate our residents with December birthdays!
Mason Jar Luminaries — December 7 @ 5 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to light up your home by decorating your own personal mason jar luminary!
Santa’s Workshop Christmas Party — December 13 @ 6:30 p.m. — Come create and wrap your gifts with us! Join us at the pool for Santa’s gift-wrapping workshop, a DIY mason jar snow globe station, and an ornament-decorating station!