Here at The Verge, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone! We know you have enough going on in your life, and your living experience doesn’t need to be complicated. We’re here to make your experience simple and easy from the day you sign your lease to the day you move out. Here’s our July newsletter to keep you up to date on all you need to know about being a Verge resident, summer and fall move-ins, move-out information, and our exciting summer events catered just for you! Check it out, and feel free to contact the leasing office if you have any questions. Additionally, The Verge sends you best wishes this summer!
Electronic Keys: When using your electronic keys, you must wait for the lock to blink green before turning your key.
- Front door key replacement: $50
- Bedroom key replacement: $5
- Mail key replacement: $5
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Friday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Friday mornings.
- Always look in the garbage disposal before you turn the switch on; things fall or get washed into it.
- Never pour grease or rice down any drain. Grease will congeal and clog the plumbing. When water is added, rice will expand and clog the drain.
- You should run your dishwasher at least once or twice a month. There is water in the dishwasher hose and drain, and stagnant water gives off odors, which in turn attracts bugs.
- When placing a work order for your blinds, note which room they are for so maintenance knows what size to bring.
- Smoke detectors must be connected at all times.
- Set your A/C to auto and cool, or auto and heat, to avoid the A/C running continuously.
- Do not place anything with aluminum in your microwave.
- Each appliance that uses water (sinks and toilets) has a shut-off valve. If a flood occurs, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow of water.
- Do not overly pack your freezer; this prevents air flow and may cause the appliance to work harder.
Reminders & Updates
- The clubhouse will continue to be under construction through the month of July. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Residents are able to use the fitness center at our sister property, Northgate Lakes. Please make sure you park in the gravel visitor parking located behind their fitness center.
Rent is due on or before the 4th of the month. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Verge.
- If you renewed your lease, rent is due on August 1. Check your 2017–2018 lease for your new rental rate, and be sure to edit recurring payments if necessary.
- If you’re going home for the summer, please make sure the common areas are clean and space is available for your incoming roommates.
- Starting in August, vendors will be entering your units to prepare them for the new move-ins on August 19.
- Discuss common area cleaning with your roommates before moving out. A move-out guide was sent out discussing possible charges. Be sure to follow all items to avoid being charged.
- Move-out day is July 31 BEFORE noon! If you aren’t moved out prior to noon, charges will accrue.
- Any keys not turned in by July 31 will be considered lost. We do not accept items in the mail after move-out.
- Make sure your guarantor address information is updated for all move-out communication.
- Utilities are billed a month behind. You’ll be responsible for June–July overages.
- You’ll be responsible for updating your mailing address after move-out. All mail received here after you move out will be returned to the sender.
Fourth of July Holiday:
- The Verge leasing office will be closed Tuesday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. If you have a lockout or maintenance emergency, please call our main office number for assistance. As a reminder, lockout fees will apply.
- The non-emergency number for police is (407) 836-4357.
- Please inform your guests of the parking rules to avoid towing. The number for MTC Towing is (407) 516-3438.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Fourth of July Tie-Dye — July 3 from 2–4 p.m. — Create your very own Fourth of July attire with us. Stop by the Phase 1 pool to create your own tie-dye shirt, headband, and more!
DIY Flowerpots — July 5 @ 1:30 p.m. — Stop by the leasing office and use your creativity to design your very own flowerpot. Pick from our variety of plants once your masterpiece is complete. We hope to see you there! While supplies last.
Fourth of July BBQ — July 7 from 1–3 p.m. — Celebrate Independence Day with us at our final pool party of this leasing term. Stop by the pool for hot dogs, burgers, and more.
Milkshakes & Slushies — July 10 from noon–1 p.m. — Shake off the Monday blues with a delicious milkshake or refreshing slushie in the leasing office!
Dog Ice Cream Social — July 12 from 3–4 p.m. — Need something to cool down your furry friend during these hot summer days? Come out to the hammock park in Phase 2 for a refreshing treat.
July Birthdays — July 14, All Day — Are you a July baby? Stop by the leasing office and pick up a cupcake in celebration of your special day!